03 November 2012

Location, Location, Location...

Oh boy! I have realized that this part of the process is overwhelming and SLIGHTLY stressful. All I dream about is wedding locations. It's awful! I will be happy when we pick a location that works with a date that works for us.

We have a list of over 20 locations we are interested in and have contacted. It is hard to keep them all straight anymore. Matt suggested a few weeks ago that we start a spreadsheet. Um...he's onto something there. So that is exactly what we will do this weekend, make a spreadsheet and start eliminating ones we know don't fit our personality.

Are you married? Was this part stressful for you too? Did you have your ceremony and reception in the same location, or different? What time of day was your Ceremony?

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Every part of a wedding is stressful! Haha!! Let's face it, you only want to do this one time in your life and you want it to be perfect. I've been married twice and I did it both ways. I'll give you my personal pros and cons.
My first wedding was at a hotel on Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. We were married in front of a gorgeous fountain in the lobby and the reception was in a room right off of there. The positive side of that was that the guests didn't have to go anywhere after the wedding. But the bad part is that they milled around while we did wedding photos, which I didn't love.
At my second wedding, I opted for an outdoor chapel as the location. We wed at sunset, which was a gorgeous time of day and the lighting was excellent and made everyone look great! LOL. We had the reception at a separate, but nearby location. The guests were able to leave the wedding and head to the reception, where they didn't have to wait on us to arrive before they could enjoy the party. We were able to get a few pictures done alone. Also, a lot of folks opt for inviting more people to a reception than the actual wedding (we didn't...all were invited to both). But if you did want to do this...say, you marry at a small location but have a larger venue for the reception...you wouldn't have to worry. I personally liked having them separate, but there are definite pros and cons to both.